Monday, January 31, 2011

Please Place Your Item in the Bag....

Do self service check out lanes really make it convenient for shoppers?

Most of the time when I'm checking out at Bi-Lo, Lowes Food, Harris Teeter or Wal-mart at their self service lane to skip the wait, I end up leaving around the same time as a person in the cashier line. The machines are so sensitive to everything. I hate it when you scan an item and have to let it sit in the bag until you are done. I always end up putting the bag back on the scale because the system will not let you continue scanning the rest of your groceries.
About 50% of the time using the self-service check out line I have to wait for a cashier attendant to come over and override a transaction. 

These machines were put in place to speed up the check out process for shoppers who are buying a few items right? The research and development into these machines are inadequate! You expect the process to take 1-2 minutes and it ends up turning into 5-7 minutes. They need to come up with a new design which will actually speed up the check out process and cut down labor cost. How awesome would it be if they invented a scanner with a conveyor to scan the UPC code and weigh your item as it goes through the scanner? 

This is my same facial expression as I stand in line waiting...

COM'ON PEOPLE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment