Thursday, January 27, 2011

"You have to try this... It's the best"

This topic ties to everything out there that gets recommended to us; whether it is a commercial or word of mouth referral from someone we know/ don't know.

Most of the time I get really disappointed when people tell me to try a new restaurant, order this item, taste this drink. They make it seem like it's the best thing in the world, and the way they describe their experience paints a vivid image in my mind of how exactly it looks, taste and feel. I can't help but to take their word for it because I want to experience what they have. And I got to say its a 50/50 chance that it will be the way I projected it to be.
I especially hate watching restaurant commercials on T.V. The food looks so good on picture but once you go to the restaurant to order what you saw on T.V. It turns out to be half the size and less appealing. 

Like this Steak and Seafood entree from a local 5 star restaurant. I have ordered this entree couple of times and it has never looked like this.










Also......
Ever watched a movie because one of your friends told you "you have to go watch it, it is such a good movie!!!" 
And after the movie you thought it was the worse movie ever release in theaters. 



Like this Twilight movie. I'm sorry... but guys do not listen to female referrals on movies like these. I thought it was a waste of money! The story line sucked. Everyone keeps telling me to watch the second one because its better. NO THANK YOU! NEXT PLEASE!












No comments:

Post a Comment