Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yummy Elementary School Pizza..... NOT!!!

I took advantage of the MLK holiday today to have lunch with my nieces at their school. When it comes to school food, it's a hit or miss. Surprisingly enough the food they fed me 15 years ago is still being served to the kids today. There wasn't much of a variety to choose from, so it was either pork chop with rice or rectangular shaped cheese and pepperoni pizza. 
I ordered a slice of pepperoni pizza along with sweet potato fries and green peach jello.



After taking my first bite of the pizza it made me realize that I never did like school food and I was always the kid who wanted to trade my lunch for the brown bag lunch bringers. The pizza was flavorless! It tasted like stale cardboard, the bottom was soft and soggy. I don't think it would have tasted so bad if it had more tomato sauce and if it sat in the oven for a little longer.


Com'on lunch lady you can make it taste better!

No comments:

Post a Comment